So many people are passionate about playing the guitar. Those of you who do play, should help teach those who are truly passionate about learning. If you ever were eager to learn how to play the guitar, then this is your chance.
Easy Guitar Lesson – in 6 steps
Even before we start with the learning procedure, we will relate to an important aspect, which is your posture. Don’t slouch on a sofa or sit on a chair with arms, rather sit on a high stool. You will need free movement of your arms for ultimate comfort. Sit on a leveled area and make sure that your knees are angled at 90 degrees or facing you. Hands must be free for movement. Take this as your first lesson for playing the guitar. Assuming that you already have a guitar, follow these steps.
1. Learn the notes – Of course, this is the most important part of your learning process. First, all you need is to memorize the strings by heart. Here is a list of the strings that you can tune according to your requirements:
-E is the 6th string, thickest of all and known as the low E string
-A is the 5th one and is known as the A string
-D is the 4th in line and called D string
-G is the 3rd in sequence and called G string
-B is the 2nd and referred as B string
-E is the thinnest of all the strings and is acknowledged as the high E string
This is how you can learn it by rote and this actually makes it a fun thing to do:
Again, remember a note is a single pitch, whereas a chord is a collection of notes. As a beginner, you need to focus on notes more than chords to begin with.
2. Leave your guitar and listen – While learning to play any musical instrument, this should be considered as your basic exercise. Keep away from the guitar, piano, violin or anything that you are learning for some time. Listen to free flowing music and enjoy it. This is the best way to go for it and you must be told that this is your trial to break down the notes. The rhythm, melody or even the bass line can drop you hints for this. Keep at it and you will decode the musical notes in no time.
3. Write down the notes – You can use a tab for this or a plain piece of paper and pen. We know you are a novice and there is no need to lose sleep over using accessories like an expert. Keep it simple and it will come easily. You can make a cheat sheet by watching some online videos too at this stage if you find deciphering to be a bit difficult. You are here to learn and there is no harm in trying to figure out what is going to work best for you.
4. Find an easy way to play it – Selecting an easy song to begin with. Every musician has his/her own style and you have to find yours, as you are no different to this rule. You should seek for your own unique way of playing. Keep trying until you succeed – practice is key.
5. Learn fretting – A fretboard is the area where you place your fingers while playing your music. Use your finger tips and not the fleshy part for playing. In fact, using finger tips provides you with the maximum space between the strings. Again, you need this space because you would want to play each note clearly and independently. You can use a pick, but train yourself about the right way to hold it.
6. Keep practicing – Practice makes perfect, no doubt about it. Once you know the song, the notes and you have found your melody, just keep practicing. A performing artist knows the true importance of rehearsals.
You may have dreamed of playing the guitar and today, we have tried our best to help you accomplish it. This is indeed an easy guitar lesson that will help a beginner enjoy their first songs.